Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Prayer for Direction

I recently started back leading a small group at my house for teenage girls. I decided not to follow a book or study this time so that I could teach about things on a more personal level. I wanted this group to be intimate, a place to confess and find healing, a place of breaking free, a place of fellowship and growth, and a place to find direction and hear God's voice.

Without a book to grab at the last minute (just to read somebody else's words), I have been held accountable to go on a search myself- to the Word, in prayer, and researching Godly counsel. I have opened my ears to let God speak to me in any way. Through this group (and the lack of it), I have ignited and reignited a passion to teach God's word in a way that others can grasp and apply to their own walk with God.

It's crazy, every time I take a break from being fed and feeding others spiritual food (Titus 2), I grow weary and feel almost incomplete- like I'm not using my gifts or reaching my full potential. BUT when I get close to the Lord, I KNOW that I know that I know, I want to be doing KINGDOM work.

I can't think of anything better than to use my gifts and talents to bring others closer to Jesus Christ and make a living in it all. I'm at a point where I could leave it all behind. If He said GO, I'll go. If He says take a pay cut, I'll sacrifice. If He says get more experience, it's my heart's desire.

I want to ask all of you bloggers, readers, and FRIENDS to lift me up in prayer- a prayer to define my direction. I don't know whether God wants me to pursue publishing, become a Bible teacher at a Christian school, or WHAT... BUT I am willing, passionate, and ready!

THANK YOU in advance!

1 comment:

  1. We also will be praying for you for the Lord to show you just where it is he wants you ....
    You are very precious Mrs. Porter.
    Love from your CA Friends
    Mrs. C and Mr. T

    ReplyDelete