Monday, November 15, 2010

CharlotteONE

I have mentioned "CharlotteONE" in some of my posts and wanted to share a little about it. This is a group of young professionals that meet downtown on Tuesday nights for praise, worship, a short message, and fellowship.

You don't have to be a part of a particular church or even a church at all to come.

Nobody knows everyone. I used to come by myself a lot last year, and I never felt out of place or awkward. I could sneak in a few minutes after the music started, slide in a pew at the back, and worship and listen by myself. Of course, if you want to reach out to the people next to you, everyone is accepting and excited to meet someone new.

It doesn't last super long- about an hour and 15mins or so.

The worship is upbeat, normally lead by Andy Cherry (who you can find on facebook) and sing a lot of Hillsong United, songs they wrote, and other worship songs.

They have a facebook group that you can become a part of that lists the schedule for Tuesday nights and outreach events if you want to serve in the community.

If you want to listen to some past messages, I encourage you to go to CharlotteONE's media and listen to some of my favs:

- 10/1/2008 Is there a Perfect One for you
- 4/1/2009 Relationships- Purity
- 8/19/2009 The Promise and Power of Persistent Prayer
- 10/14/2009 EpicFail: Peter
- 10/13/2010 Relationship Status: Single


These messages have changed my life in so many ways and opened my eyes to knew things about God. I learned about healing, the heart of God, his love story he wrote for me, and a desire for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment