Thursday, August 2, 2012

Prayer for this Nation





God I pray for your mercy. Your people don't know what they are doing. I knew that we would face trials and persecution for our faith, but I didn't know the end days would be so near so soon. It makes me sad for Kinsley's generation and the generations to come that they will have to face it even more so. Why does it feel like all of a sudden people don't believe in your word? People that I thought were Christians- that I had gone to church with or christian school with now don't believe?

I pray for divine appointments of people willing to hear the good news... bring about those that HATE the mess they are in, the sin that entangles them, and the desire for freedom. Bring about people I can love on and show them that there is ANOTHER way! We ALL have things that come more naturally to us, maybe we are not a people person, or maybe we are not a speaker or leader, maybe we are argumentative and too quick to speak. Maybe we hate that our prejudices and stubbornness prevents us from doing so much more. We ALL have things to work on in our pursuit of holiness. 

Just because we have the loudest voice doesn't validate our statements. Just because we have a tender heart doesn't mean that we can be silent. God I pray for the people that don't know what your Word says about the issues that constantly come up making our nation battle against beliefs. I pray that this will be a time people will actually open up the Bible and go on a quest to see what you say about it-- not in just one verse but in the WHOLE book. We so often take things out of context. I pray that we will desire to KNOW your word and write it on our hearts. I pray that we will stop letting OUR words condemn and start praying for the Holy Spirit's conviction. I pray that I will restrain and fight my flesh that wants to lash out and prove points, I pray that your spirit will take over. Only let Your words flow.

I have heard you say that this is a call... a call to step up and be bold... but i have a hard time finding the line between boldness and sensitivity. Social media isn't always the place to voice your opinion or your prayer revelations. Not all are ready for the "food"... they're barely ready for the milk.

Hebrews 5:12-14

Amplified Bible (AMP)
12 For even though by this time you ought to be teaching others, you actually need someone to teach you over again the very first principles of God’s Word. You have come to need milk, not solid food.
13 For everyone who continues to feed on milk is obviously inexperienced and unskilled in the doctrine of righteousness (of conformity to the divine will in purpose, thought, and action), for he is a mere infant [not able to talk yet]!
14 But solid food is for full-grown men, for those whose senses and mental faculties are trained by practice to discriminate and distinguish between what is morally good and noble and what is evil and contrary either to divine or human law.



The road is narrow. Everyone wants to believe that they are going to heaven. (Matt. 7:14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.) 
Proverbs 14:12
There is a way which seems right to a man and appears straight before him, but at the end of it is the way of death


I pray that we will TEST what we hear, match it up to Your Word and ask YOU to show us where we are wrong or right. I pray we won't argue on feelings and emotions and act out on our flesh. I pray that we will just see that THE DAY, the Day your Kingdom comes is approaching more and more.. Are we ready?! I know I am! I can't wait for the curse of sin to be gone, for when righteousness will triumph, where the enemy will be defeated... where we can just Be. 






Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment